Monday, March 16, 2009

Operating: Quilt 1

I managed to finally get over to the store to pick up my fabric for my inner border and my binding today. I would have pictures only I got lazy; but I did manage to get my inner border on and my outer border cut. The binding I won't tackle again until I'm actually ready to bind, instead of just quilt.

I also got the stuff for my backing which sort of makes this project seem more real to me. I don't know how that is, considering I've spent a month with it; piecing and with another week and a half of it lying on my bed while I took my machine quilting class.

In other news, all the ladies at the quilt store seem ready to adopt me. I came in with my top and everyone ooo'd and ahhh'd over it, and after telling me that it really looked nice (I'm really pleased with it, too) they kept going on about how excited they are that I'm getting into quilting.

I guess I'm really a young quilter. My beginning class had three people and two of them were well, well, well over the age of my mother. My boss says I'm going to turn into an old lady. But I don't care. I really am having a good time with this hobby! It's just so much fun; way more fun than sewing, maybe because I'm just a beginner and everything so far has been so lovely and enjoyable, but I don't think so.

I'm planning quilt two already. K. sent me a bunch of bluebird print quilt fabric for my birthday and I'm on a rhyme kick, so we'll see what comes out of it.

Over and out~

No comments:

Post a Comment