Friday, March 13, 2009

Operating: Binding

Observe my ineptitude at cutting bias binding.

So this is my first attempt; I could swear I did exactly what my teacher told me to do. But when I was cutting it, I kept thinking that it wasn't the best technique because wouldn't every fold create an angle? But alas, I did it anyway.



Anyway, I'll head over to Bella's tomorrow and see if someone can explain it to me again. Further, I need to get my border for quilt number one that is as of yet unnamed. That and the backing and the fabric for the binding.

The straight binding, by the way, is the one that my teacher did for me as an example. Also, I'm in love with my rotary cutter.

Over and out~

3 comments:

  1. Oh this really made me smile, its just what I used to get up to! Still do occasionally, when I don't check twice when doing some thing new. I try to follow the carpenter's rule of: measure twice cut once, but even that fails sometimes:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see new ones quilting...look forward to seeing more...Karlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me smile to read you are in love with your rotary cutter. I find cutting one of the most relaxing parts of quilt-making. My guild just purchased an Accu-Cut machine that does all the cutting, but I just don't have any interest in signing up to use it.

    ReplyDelete